Peninsula Executives Association
Craig Calkins Memorial
Executive of the Year Award
The Board of Directors of PEA has established a way to honor the memory of one of our Founding Fathers, Craig Calkins. The special way we do this is by recognizing one of our members who best exemplifies those qualities and traits that made Craig such a vital spark in PEA and in the community. The Craig Calkins Memorial Executive of the Year Award is presented annually to the member that has contributed the most towards the growth and stature of PEA and the business community in general. The candidates considered must be involved in the activities of PEA and help the association obtain the goals and aims set forth in the by-laws. The recipient of this award may receive it only once.
The essence of these goals and aims is to maintain within PEA the highest level of business ethics, enhance the continual growth and prestige of PEA and its membership, and to add to the association’s capability of increasing the growth potential for all its members.
The following categories and criteria will be used in the selection of the recipient:
- LEADS: Quality, quantity, consistency and follow-through.
- NETWORKING: Meeting and participating with other firms for the purpose of developing additional business for their firm and member firms.
- SERVICE: Serving on the Board of Directors, committees, special projects and working on other projects that would enhance the betterment of our community. Helping PEA members to better understand the principles of the association so they may be able to apply these principles to further increase their own business, as well as the business of other PEA members.
- ATTENDANCE: Making a concerted effort to attend every meeting.
- DEPORTMENT: Projecting a self-image beyond reproach.
- QUALITIES: Support, enthusiasm, consistency, catalyst for others, inspiration, total dedication, commitment and empathy.
These were some of the special traits Craig shared with our organization. For those of us who knew him, he was a caring, humorous, and loving man. Honoring him in this way is a wonderful way to say “Thanks!” and to continue recognizing people who give as true leaders of PEA.
The recipient will receive an individual award, naming him or her as the Executive of the Year.